Veteran Benefits Group – Case Manager or Paralegal
Responsible for working with the Attorneys or Senior Case Manager to assist in implementing, updating, and reporting on litigation plan for the high volume Veteran Benefits Practice. Key skills required for this position are organization, attention to detail, prioritization, and ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Assist Attorneys or Senior Case Manager with implementing litigation plan.
- Contact Clients and VA to obtain evidence.
- Update tasks and task deadlines as information/evidence is obtained.
- Update Clients on case status.
- Follow-up with and ensure VA completes required tasks.
- Draft simple letters and correspondence.
- Locate, copy, and scan documents, as necessary.
- Schedule attorney calls with Clients.
- Communicate with 3rd parties to develop evidence as directed by Attorney/Senior Case Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Basic English, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Knowledge of the use of the personal computer and software programs.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assignments to meet deadlines.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with the public and staff.
- Ability to communicate in a timely and effective manner with clients and staff.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter and salary requirement to:
Christina Bloom, CLM