At Goodman Allen Donnelly, we believe that intellectual property protection is best approached from a strategic business standpoint.
Our lawyers counsel clients not only in the development and protection of IP resources, but on how best to utilize those assets to advance business interests. Whether you are an inventor with an innovative idea, an author, entrepreneur, or an international corporation with a large portfolio, our goal is to identify, protect, and maximize the value of your intellectual property. Our lawyers and professionals offer full-service representation in patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, and unfair competition law, and provide the fundamental services related to each, including patent and trademark preparation and prosecution, opinions, transactions, and litigation.
Our lawyers have extensive experience before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and represent clients in the prosecution of patents and trademarks and in proceedings before the respective appeal boards. Large-scale patent litigation frequently has multinational components and Goodman Allen Donnelly attorneys have significant experience in the international IP arena. Our IP litigation team has unparalleled experience in coordinating and directing litigation among multiple jurisdictions, working closely with foreign associates and attorneys in local jurisdictions, and serving as local counsel to ensure that consistent and successful positions are advanced.
- Served as local counsel for multiple defendants before the Eastern District of Virginia regarding a declaratory judgment action to settle ownership issues of a family of patent applications related to high-speed data transfer to aircraft
- Served as lead counsel for a large national corporation before the Western District of Texas achieving successful settlement regarding claimed infringement of a patent for transmitting information across a digital network
- Served as lead counsel for a large national corporation before the Central District of California achieving rapid settlement following successful preliminary injunction regarding alleged patent infringement and trade dress infringement
- Represented trademark applicant in opposition proceeding instituted by a large international corporation, achieving dismissal with prejudice and registration for applicant.
- Defended several clients in a number of trademark and copyright infringement challenges often resulting in coexistence agreements and other favorable settlement terms for clients.