Martha A. Weis
A graduate of Vanderbilt University Law School, Martha Weis is an associate in the Intellectual Property practice group of Goodman Allen Donnelly. Ms. Weis specializes in all aspects of trademark law, providing counsel on trademark clearance, prosecution, enforcement, and litigation matters.
As a member of the Intellectual Property practice, Ms. Weis advises clients on trademark adoption and use to grow brand recognition and maximize the value of trademark portfolios. In partnership with her clients, she develops trademark filing programs to secure registration protection on the widest scale available, with a focus on brand strength and reducing costs associated with trademark disputes. Ms. Weis also represents trademark owners in trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings in the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Virginia State Bar, Intellectual Property Law Section
- Greater Richmond Intellectual Property Law Association (GRIPLA)
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Virginia Bar Association
- Washington D.C.Bar Association
- Henrico County Bar Association
- Richmond Bar Association
- Vanderbilt University, J.D., 2012
- Vanderbilt University, M.A., Economics, 2009
- Texas Tech University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2006
Admitted to Practice
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia