Martha A. Weis
A graduate of Vanderbilt University Law School, Martha Weis is an associate in the Intellectual Property and Health Care Litigation practice groups of Goodman Allen Donnelly. Martha specializes in all aspects of trademark law, providing counsel on trademark clearance, prosecution, enforcement, and litigation matters.
As a member of the Intellectual Property practice, she advises clients on trademark adoption and use to grow brand recognition and maximize the value of trademark portfolios. In partnership with her clients, Martha develops trademark filing programs to secure registration protection on the widest scale available, with a focus on brand strength and reducing costs associated with trademark disputes. She also represents trademark owners in trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings in the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Martha has first- and second-chair civil trial experience on a wide range of issues, including trademark infringement and right of publicity actions, breach of contract claims as well as breach of warranty and tort claims. As part of her practice at Goodman Allen Donnelly, Martha defends hospitals, physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers in medical malpractice and general liability matters. She also specializes in assisting healthcare providers with risk management issues.
- Virginia State Bar, Intellectual Property Law Section - Board of Governors
- Greater Richmond Intellectual Property Law Association (GRIPLA)
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Virginia Bar Association
- Washington D.C.Bar Association
- Henrico County Bar Association
- Richmond Bar Association
- Vanderbilt University, J.D., 2012
- Vanderbilt University, M.A., Economics, 2009
- Texas Tech University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2006
Admitted to Practice
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia