Marshall H. Ross
Marshall brings thirty years of complex trial practice before state and federal courts and agencies to Goodman Allen Donnelly's Professional Liability, Medical Malpractice, Employment, Health Care and State Board Licensing practices.
Marshall has represented individuals to Fortune 500 companies, defended malpractice claims brought against professionals and health care entities, and resolved substantial state and federal employment and business disputes before state and federal courts and agencies. He has argued before the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals and the Virginia Supreme Court, and he is dedicated to efficiently and effectively solving legal problems for individuals and businesses.
Marshall began his law career serving in the US Army Judge Advocate General's Corps as a felony prosecutor and labor and employment counselor. After military service, Marshall practiced with Dow Lohnes in Washington DC and then for twenty years as a partner with Wharton Aldhizer & Weaver in the Shenandoah Valley before relocating to Richmond.
Marshall earned a BA with High Distinction and graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Virginia before obtaining his law degree from the University of Virginia School of Law.
Professional Affiliations, Awards and Service
- Virginia's Association of Defense Attorneys
- President 2009-2010
- Executive Board: 6 years as an officer
- Past chair Medical Malpractice Section
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- DRI, Former Virginia State Representative
- Virginia's Legal Elite, Civil Litigation, Virginia Business Magazine (2008-2013)
- Best Lawyers in America
- Super Lawyers Magazine (2009-2013)
- The West Virginia Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar
- State Bar of Georgia
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, VA, J.D., 1983
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, Bachelors of Arts With High Distinction, 1980
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Distinguished Military Graduate
- George C. Marshall Award
Admitted to Practice
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- State of West Virginia
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District courts for Eastern and Western Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for Southern and Northern West Virginia
- State of Georgia