Eileen M. Talamante, R.N., J.D.
Eileen Talamante received her BSN in nursing from the University of Wisconsin and worked her way through law school as a critical care nurse, earning her law degree, with honors, from the University of Tennessee College of Law. As both a nurse and an attorney, Ms. Talamante concentrates her practice in the representation of nurses and physicians from all over the state of Virginia in licensing and discipline matters before the Board of Nursing and the Board of Medicine, as well as other health care licensees before their respective regulatory boards. Her practice covers a wide breadth of issues including board licensing, investigations, and hearings, as well as credentialing, peer review matters, third-party payor inquiries/proceedings, guardianship and risk management issues. Prior to joining Goodman Allen Donnelly in 2012, Ms. Talamante also had tremendous medical legal experience managing the complex injury and death claims arising out of the Deepwater Horizon Spill and the Vioxx Resolution Program.
As a registered nurse herself, Ms. Talamante is passionate about advocating on behalf of fellow nurses and other health care providers. She regularly provides presentations and lectures to nurses, physicians, pharmacists, hospital risk managers, physicians, and medical practice managers. She brings a unique understanding and perspective regarding the myriad of difficult issues our nurses, physicians, and other health care providers face in today's complex and highly regulated healthcare environment.
Professional Affiliation, Awards and Service
- Lewis F. Powell, Jr. American Inn of Court
- President (2017-2019)
- Executive Committee Member (2010-Present)
- Chair, Communication Committee (2010-2012)
- Attorney Team Lead (2010-2011)
- Virginia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Nurse Attorney Association
- American Nurses Association
- Virginia Nurses Association - Nurse Reviewer, Continuing Education Approval Unit
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Virginia Medical Group Management Assocation
- Virginia Chapter of American Society of Health Risk Management
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Certification (2007)