Eileen M. Talamante, Esq., R.N.
As both a lawyer and a registered nurse, Eileen Talamante is passionate about advocating on behalf of fellow nurses and other health care providers. She concentrates her practice in the representation of nurses and physicians from all over the Commonwealth of Virginia in licensing and discipline matters before the Board of Nursing and the Board of Medicine, as well as other health care licensees before their respective regulatory boards. Eileen's practice covers a wide breadth of issues including board licensing, investigations, and hearings, as well as credentialing, peer review matters, third-party payor inquiries/proceedings, and risk management issues. She regularly provides presentations and lectures to nurses, physicians, pharmacists, hospital risk managers, physicians, and medical practice managers.
Eileen received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Wisconsin in 1988 and worked her way through law school as a critical care nurse, earning her law degree, with honors, from the University of Tennessee College of Law in 1990.
With over 20 years of nursing and legal experience, Eileen brings a unique understanding and perspective regarding the myriad of difficult issues our nurses, physicians, and other health care providers face in today's complex and highly regulated healthcare environment.
Professional Affiliation, Awards and Service
- The American Association of Nurse Attorneys
Board of Directors (2017-Present)
2020 Outstanding Advocate Award co-recipient
- Lewis F. Powell, Jr. American Inn of Court (2009-Present)
Immediate Past President (2019-2021)
Executive Committee Member (2010-Present)
Chair, Communication Committee (2010-2012)
Attorney Team Lead (2010-2011)
- Virginia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Nurses Association
- Virginia Nurses Association
2020 Year of the Nurse Award recipient
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Virginia Medical Group Management Association
- Virginia Chapter of American Society of Health Risk Management
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, College of Law, J.D., (with honors)
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, School of Nursing, B.S.N.
Admitted to Practice
- United States Supreme Court
- Commonwealth of Virginia