Daniel G. Krasnegor*
Daniel Krasnegor joined Goodman Allen Donnelly as a Partner in 2008, and is the lead attorney in the firm's Veterans Benefit Group.
Following graduation from law school in 1993, Dan started his career drafting decisions for the Veterans Law Judges at the Board of Veterans' Appeals and then defending Board decisions in the VA General Counsel's office. In 1998, he left the VA in order to work for veterans and their dependents by forming a Veterans Benefits section in one of the largest defense law firms in Virginia. Since that time, he has represented hundreds of veterans before the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and at the VA.
Dan served as a member of the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims Rules Advisory Committee from 2001 to 2007 and is a founding member of the Court of Appeals for the Veterans Claims Bar Association. He has frequently lectured to both lawyers and veterans about the practice of veterans benefits law.
* Not licensed to practice law in VA and does not represent clients on matters covered by Virginia law. Practice is limited exclusively to the representation of Veterans in matters before the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Court of Appeals for Veteran's Claims and the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Professional Affiliations, Awards and Service
- Federal Bar Association (Veterans Law Section Chair 2000-2002)
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, Rules Committee 2001-2007
- State Bar of Georgia
- District of Columbia Bar
- Emory University, J.D. 1993
- Washington University, A.B. 1990
Admitted to Practice
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- District of Columbia
- Daves v. Nicholson, 21 Vet.App. 46 (2007)
- Acosta v. Principi, 18 Vet.App. 53 (2004)
- Svehla v. Principi, 17 Vet.App. 160 (2003)
- Stegall v. West, 11 Vet.App. 268 (1998)
- Dunn v. West, 11 Vet.App. 462 (1998)
- Parker v. Principi, 15 Vet.App. 407 (2002)
- Sandstrom v. Principi, McCormick v. Principi, 16 Vet.App. 407 (2002)