Anthony Tacconi is an experienced trial attorney with a background in intellectual property, business, and commercial matters. He has spoken and published on various IP and legal issues including trademark infringement, counterfeiting and passing off, patent prosecution, patent litigation and the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, and serves as an adjunct faculty member at South University.
A graduate of the College of William and Mary School of Law, Anthony is admitted to practice law in Virginia, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He is also a licensed patent attorney, admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
His patent prosecution experience includes work involving a variety of subjects such as mechanical devices, free electron lasers, radiotherapy devices and methods, nuclear shielding, solar energy technologies, cellular and wireless technologies, polymer composite foams, business methods, and Internet and computer-implemented technologies.
Awards and Accolades:
- Virginia Rising Star (2008, 2011, 2012 and 2013) by Virginia Super Lawyers (Richmond Magazine) in the area of Intellectual Property
- Legal Elite by Virginia Business Magazine (2016 and 2017) in Intellectual Property Law
- William & Mary School of Law, J.D.
- Villanova University, B.S.
Admitted to Practice
- Virginia (2001)
- Pennsylvania (2002)
- New Jersey (2005)
(no longer active)
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia (2002)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit (2002)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (2002)
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey (2006)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (2016)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (2001)