Anthony Tacconi is an experienced trial attorney who focuses on intellectual property, business, and commercial matters. He has spoken and published on various IP and legal issues including trademark infringement, counterfeiting and passing off, patent prosecution, patent litigation and the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. He taught in South University’s legal studies department for several years.
A graduate of the College of William and Mary School of Law, Anthony is admitted to practice law in Virginia and Pennsylvania. Anthony is also a licensed patent attorney, admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
His technology and patent prosecution experience includes work involving a variety of subjects such as lasers, radiotherapy devices and methods, nuclear and solar energy technologies, cellular and wireless technologies, polymer composite foams, and cannabis and cannabinoid products.
- Other Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Cyber Security and Data Privacy
- Commercial and Business Litigation
- Trademarks & Copyrights
- William & Mary School of Law, J.D.
- Villanova University, B.S.
- Virginia (2001)
- Pennsylvania (2002)
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia (2002)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit (2002)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (2002)
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey (2006)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (2016)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (2001)
Awards and Accolades:
- Virginia Rising Star (2008, 2011, 2012 and 2013) by Virginia Super Lawyers (Richmond Magazine) in the area of Intellectual Property
- Legal Elite by Virginia Business Magazine (2016, 2017 and 2018) in Intellectual Property Law