Andrew G.H. Miller
Andrew Miller focuses his practice on the defense of healthcare professionals in both medical malpractice claims and administrative proceedings before professional licensing boards. He also provides risk management advice and counsel.
Prior to joining Goodman Allen Donnelly, Andrew served as Claims Counsel for Piedmont Liability Trust, the entity providing professional liability coverage and defense to physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants dually employed by the University of Virginia and University of Virginia Physicians Group. In his role as Claims Counsel, Andrew was responsible for managing outside law firms assigned to medical malpractice claims as well as defending physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants in medical malpractice cases and before professional licensing boards.
Before attending law school at Michigan State University College of Law, Andrew served as a Committee Clerk to the Virginia Senate Courts of Justice Committee, Criminal Subcommittee, Civil Subcommittee, and Healthcare Subcommittee.
- Health Care
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- State Board Licensing & Credentialing
- Risk Prevention
- Michigan State University College of Law, East Lansing, MI, J.D., 2013
- Randolph-Macon College, Ashland, VA, B.A., 2009
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Thomas Jefferson Inn of Court
- Charlottesville-Albemarle Bar Association