Mr. Goodman is a founding Shareholder of the law firm of Goodman Allen & Filetti. He specializes in the representation of healthcare providers in professional regulatory board investigations, disciplinary actions, credentialing and peer review matters, third-party payor proceedings and risk management issues. Mr. Goodman has represented hundreds of health care providers throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia in medical malpractice claims and state board inquiries, giving him a unique depth and breadth of experience. He is also an Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Richmond School of Law where he teaches Medical Liability Law and Bioethics. Mr. Goodman is a regular lecturer on health care and medical malpractice issues throughout Virginia and nationally. He is a member of the affiliate faculty of the Department of Legal Medicine at VCU Medical Center. Mr. Goodman has been consistently recognized by his peers as one of Virginia's Legal Elite® in Health Care, Virginia Business Magazine; a Virginia Super Lawyer® (Virginia’s Top 100), Law and Politics and Virginia Super Lawyers Magazines; and in Best Lawyers in America® in Health Care, US News and World Report and Best Lawyers in America Magazines. He is also a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation. In addition to his legal skills, Mr. Goodman is a talented cartoonist. He has been featured as an Editorial Cartoonist in the Richmond Times-Dispatch Sunday Business Section and has had his works nationally syndicated and published throughout the legal and business communities, not to mention he designs our annual holiday card.
Professional Affiliations, Awards and Service
- Fellow of American Bar Foundation
- Best Lawyers in America®, US News and World Report and Best Lawyers in America Magazines
- Virginia's Legal Elite® - Health Law, Virginia Business Magazine, 2013 and 2014
- Virginia Super Lawyers® (TOP 100 IN 2013)- Health Care, Medical Malpractice-Defense and Personal Injury-Defense, Virginia Super Lawyers Magzine, Law and Politics, and Richmond Magazines, 2006-2014
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly Class of 2009 "Leaders in the Law"
- Ethics Committee - Memorial Regional Medical Center
- Ethics Committee - Virginia Commonwealth University Hospitals
JCC Forum Speakers Series
- Past Chairman
John Marshall Inn of Court
- Past President
- Virginia State Bar Professionalism Course Faculty
- Richmond Bar Association Award of "Special Recognition for Creative and Artistic Contributions"
- ABA Award for "Law Newspaper Excellence" in editorial cartooning, Virginia Law Weekly
- Award winner of 2nd Annual 3-D Illustrators Show, New York Art Directors Club
- Award of Merit, Virginia Press Association
- UVA Raven Society (scholarship and citizenship)