Mr. Goodman is a founding member of the law firm of Goodman Allen & Filetti. He specializes in the representation of healthcare providers in professional regulatory board investigations, disciplinary actions, credentialing and peer review matters, third-party payor proceedings and with risk management issues. Mr. Goodman has represented hundreds of health care providers throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia in medical malpractice claims and state board inquiries, giving him a unique depth and breadth of experience. He is also an Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Richmond School of Law where he teaches Medical Liability Law and Bioethics. Mr. Goodman is a regular lecturer on health care and medical malpractice issues throughout Virginia and nationally. He is a member of the affiliate faculty of the Department of Legal Medicine at VCU Medical Center. Mr. Goodman has been recognized as one of Virginia's Legal Elite in Virginia Business Magazine, a Virginia Super Lawyer (Virginia’s Top 100), listed in Best Lawyers in America and is a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation. In addition to his legal skills, Mr. Goodman is a talented cartoonist. He has been featured as an Editorial Cartoonist in the Richmond Times-Dispatch Sunday Business Section and has had his works nationally syndicated and published throughout the legal and business communities.
Professional Affiliations, Awards and Service
- Fellow of American Bar Foundation
- Best Lawyers in America
- Virginia's Legal Elite for Health Law, Virginia Business Magazine, 2013
- Virginia Super Lawyers (Health Care, Medical Malpractice-Defense, Personal Injury-Defense) Virginia Super Lawyers Magzine, Law and Politics, and Richmond Magazine, 2006-2013
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly Class of 2009 "Leaders in the Law"
- Ethics Committee - Memorial Regional Medical Center
- Ethics Committee - Virginia Commonwealth University Hospitals
JCC Forum Speakers Series
- Past Chairman
John Marshall Inn of Court
- Past President
- Virginia State Bar Professionalism Course Faculty
- Richmond Bar Association Award of "Special Recognition for Creative and Artistic Contributions"
- ABA Award for "Law Newspaper Excellence" in editorial cartooning, Virginia Law Weekly
- Award winner of 2nd Annual 3-D Illustrators Show, New York Art Directors Club
- Award of Merit, Virginia Press Association
- UVA Raven Society (scholarship and citizenship)